Tuesday, August 23, 2011

eye have

I have always marvelled at the strength of the wounded and the broken, the deaf and the blind.
How do they live in the prison of their mind? Isn't the lack of something that I think of as basic and necessary oppressive? Maybe I am the oppressed, I am as unable to experience their reality as they are to experience mine. I am just as possessed by the need for these sensory organs, and convenient limbs.
Every person is trapped in a prison of self. We all have an ego that causes sympathy, but hinders our ability to empathize with one another. We compare every human prison to our own, we will never be free from apathy until we can realize that every life has validity and the fact that the body is still chugging along, means that the brain is still chomping down and digesting stimuli, and inferring things about the world around them. We need to listen when people talk in order to piece together a less subjective and selfish view of this third dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment